Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Bars & Cream Cheese Frosting

Here is my recipe for Pumpkin Bars - they are sooo yummy and a perfect treat for this time of year!

Ingredients:

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup veg. Oil
1 can pumpkin (the regular size, not large)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Mix all together (I suggest using a mixer - oh how I wish I had a big Kitchenaid Mixer! Until that day, my hand mixer works just fine!)



Pour into a greased and floured jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 25 min!

Here's a shot of it in the oven!



Now for the frosting!

3 oz cream cheese
3/4 stick butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp milk

Beat all together (again if only I had a big mixer...I'm trying to drop hints everywhere possible for my husband! LOL)



Don't forget to lick the beaters...this is my 9 month old who helped me bake (as I wore him in my Ergo carrier).




Spread on COOLED bars! Let sit for about 20 min to set and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment