Monday, May 17, 2010

My 1st trip to Homeland!



So I found out that there is a grocery store in Haysville called Homeland. They double coupons up to $1. Whereas Dillons doubles up to $.50. So a $1 coupon at Homeland will double to $2! They accept 5 like coupons per transaction and you have to have a One Card (exactly like a Dillons card) in order to use coupons. It took me 2 minutes if that to get my card - so easy! Anyway I've decided it's worth the gas to go once every 1-2 months to stock up on snack and other household items. I did notice that they are overpriced on a lot of things so only get what is on sale and what you have good coupons for!

I spent $33.17 after tax (I bought 53 items)
I saved $119.48 - 80% savings!

The following items I got for free or free with overage!

2 5-lb bags of potatoes: priced at $1.89 each but store special B1G1 free plus I had a coupon for B1G1 free - so 10 lbs for FREE!

2 8 pack boxes of Lance crackers: priced at $1.66 each - used 2 $1/1 coupon which doubled to $2/1 - so FREE plus $.68 overage!

3 Ken's Salad Dressing: $1.90 each - used 3 $1/1 coupon doubled to $2/1 - so FREE plus $.30 overage!

3 boxes Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta: $1.50 each - used 3 $1/1 coupons doubled to $2/1 - FREE plus $1.50 overage!

3 lunchables: $1.70 each - used 3 $1/1 doubled so FREE plus $.90 overage!

4 Nesquick chocolate milks priced at $.89 each - used 2 $1/2 coupons doubled so FREE plus $.44 overage!

Now all that overage got applied to my bill which made other items Free as well. I did not spend more than $1.50 on anything and most things were $.50 or less

No comments:

Post a Comment